The Templates menu allows you to store regularly used components of your Event setup, like Questions that you often need Competitors to respond to when registering & Extra Charges that you offer on a regular basis. So instead of creating the same set of components each time, you create a new Event you can create them once as a Template and then choose to use them or not when setting up each of your Events.
Additionally, many Clubs and Organisations have Sponsors that they regularly use, these can also be set up once and then used, or not, for future Events.
For this article, we will show you the steps how to create Questions Template.
To setup Questions, Templates select Questions / Answers from the Templates menu.
This will take you to the Sports Management Template screen, as shown below:
To create a new Template do the following steps:
- Select a Sport Type
- Enter a Name for the Template
After successfully submitting the form, you should see the following screen.
Questions are broken down into Sections or Categories. Each Section has a Name,
Introduction Text and End Text.
To begin we must create a Section. Complete the following fields:
- Introduction text (if required)
- End text (if required)
- Specify if the Question is Active (visible to Competitors) or not
- Specify if the Question is to Start on a new Page/screen
- Specify if ask this questions in Class Registrations.
- Specify if ask this question in Ticket Bookings.
Once all the required fields are complete, press Create.
The newly created Section will appear in the Existing Section list as shown below.
So far we have only created a section of Question which will appear highlighted on registration form but we have not created actual Question yet.
To create the actual Question, Select New Question to create your first question for this Section.
The New Question screen will open, as shown above.
Complete all of the fields as follows:
- Enter your Question as it will appear to Competitors into this box.
- Select a Question Type. This is the method that Competitors use to respond:
a. Radio: displays a selection of Radio Boxes of which the Competitor can select only one response.
b. Checkbox: displays a selection of Checkboxes of which the Competitor can select multiple responses
c. Select: displays a Drop Down menu of responses of which the Competitor can select only one
d. Text: displays a field for the Competitor to enter a brief answer - eg a single word response
e. Text area: displays a large text entry box for the Competitor to provide a detailed response
3. Question Options is only applicable to Radio, Checkbox or Select options and is where you enter the response options available to Competitors. For example:
Name and Value fields must match.
Each row is a response option.
4. Choose whether the question requires a response from the Competitor to complete their entry - i.e is the question mandatory.
Hit Create when finished.
The new question will appear in the Manage Questions screen, shown below.
To enter more questions, select the New Question button.
Each Question has the following options available to it:
- selecting Edit allows you to edit the Question
- / \ & \ / will reorder the Questions
- selecting the X button will delete that Question
Sections can also be edited, reordered & deleted in a similar fashion.
Now we have successfully created the Questions template.
To use this template simply select the template name from the drop-down on event "Edit" or "Create New Event" or "Clone Event" page.
See the screenshot below. This option appears at the very bottom of the page just above the submit button.
That's all. After submitting the form, check the Question section under More Options of the event and make sure that the Questions appear on that page as well.
You can also use "Enter User" function to see if the Questions appear on the registration form or not.
If you have any more questions or need any help please feel free to email us on email@example.com or call us.