The Templates menu allows you to store regularly used components of your Event setup, like Questions that you often need Competitors to respond to when registering & Extra Charges that you offer on a regular basis. So instead of creating the same set of components each time you create a new Event you can create them once as a Template and then choose to use them or not when setting up each of your Events.
Additionally, many Clubs and Organisations have Sponsors that they regularly use, these can also be setup once and then used, or not, for future Events.
To setup Extra Charges select Extra Charges from the Templates menu.
This will open the Manage Extra Charges screen as seen below.
Setting up an Extra Charges Template is identical to setting of regular Extra Charges for a single Event.
Extra Charges are essentially categories. Each category has one or more Sub Charges. For example there may be a Extra Charge category called “Stabling”. Stabling may then have a number of Sub Charges like “Stable Rental”, “Feed”, “Blankets” etc. Each of these Sub Charges can have an actual cost assigned against them.
To create an Extra Charge category click on Create an Extra Charge.
In the screen that appears complete all the fields as follows:
1. Enter a Name for the Extra Charges category.
2. Choose if the category of Extra Charges are mandatory for each Competitor.
The Extra Charge category will appear in the Manage Extra Charges screen, as shown below:
Each Extra Charge category has the following options available to it:
- selecting Sub Charges will take you to the Sub Charges panel for that category
- selecting Edit allows you to edit the category
- selecting the X button will delete that category
- selecting Hide / Show will toggle whether the category is displayed to Competitors or not
To proceed, click on Sub Charges.
This opens the Manage Sub Charges screen.
Click on Create a Sub Charge.
The Create a Sub Charge screen will open.
Complete the following fields:
- Name of Sub Charge
- Specify if the Sub Charge is per Horse
- Specify if the Sub Charge is per Class
- Specify if the Sub Charge is per Round
- Specify if the Sub Charge is per Rider
- Set the Maximum Limit per day. The maximum limit is related to the number of spaces or positions available for this Sub Charge. For example, the number of stables available for each day the Event runs. It is a quantity, not a dollar amount and must be set greater then 0.
- Specify a cost per day for the Sub Charge. The system automatically includes the day before and the day after your event to allow for arrivals before the event day(s) and departures after the event day(s).
Click on Create once all fields are complete.
The new Sub Charge will appear in the Manage Sub Charges screen as shown below:
Each Sub Charge has the following options available to it:
- selecting Export Entries will create & download a spreadsheet listing by name all of the Competitors who have paid for that Sub Charge broken down by each day of the Event
- selecting Edit allows you to edit the Sub Charge
- selecting the X button will delete the Sub Charge
- selecting Hide / Show will toggle whether the Sub Charge is displayed to Competitors or not
Repeat this process to add more Sub Charges as required.
Click Return to go back to the Manage Extra Charges screen to add additional Extra Charges categories.
To setup Questions Templates select Questions / Answers from the Templates menu.
This will take you to the Sports Management Template screen, as shown below:
To create a new Template do the following steps:
- Select a Sport Type
- Enter a Name for the Template
The Manage Questions screen will open.
Questions are broken down into Sections or Categories. Each Section has a Name,
Introduction Text and End Text.
To begin we must create a Section. Complete the following fields:
- Introduction text (if required)
- End text (if required)
- Specify if the Question is Active (visible to Competitors) or not
- Specify if the Question is to Start on a new Page / screen
Once all the required fields are complete, press Create.
The newly created Section will appear in the Existing Section list as shown below.
Select New Question to create your first question for this Section.
The New Question screen will open, as shown above.
Complete all of the fields as follows:
- Enter your Question as it will appear to Competitors into this box.
- Select a Question Type. This is the method that Competitors use to respond:
a. Radio: displays a selection of Radio Boxes of which the Competitor can select only one response.
b. Checkbox: displays a selection of Checkboxes of which the Competitor can select multiple responses
c. Select: displays a Drop Down menu of responses of which the Competitor can select only one
d. Text: displays a field for the Competitor to enter a brief answer - eg a single word response
e. Text area: displays a large text entry box for the Competitor to provide a detailed response
3. Question Options is only applicable to Radio, Checkbox or Select options and is where you enter the response options available to Competitors. For example:
Name and Value fields must match.
Each row is a response option.
4. Choose whether the question requires a response from the Competitor to complete their entry - i.e is the question mandatory.
Hit Create when finished.
The new question will appear in the Manage Questions screen, shown below.
To enter more questions, select the New Question button.
Each Question has the following options available to it:
- selecting Edit allows you to edit the Question
- / \ & \ / will reorder the Questions
- selecting the X button will delete that Question
Sections can also be edited, reordered & deleted in a similar fashion.
To setup the Sponsors for your Club or Organisation select Sponsors from the Templates menu.
This will open the Manage Sponsors screen, as shown below:
To create a new Sponsor complete all the fields as follows:
- Enter the Sponsor’s Name
- Enter the Sponsor’s URL or Website address
- Upload the Sponsor’s Logo
- Write a Description about the Sponsor
The Sponsor will now appear in the Manage Sponsors panel.
To assign a Sponsor to a specific Event they need to be selected in the Event Details section
(see Adding & Editing Event Details for further information)