Global Entries Online will automatically build The Draw for you as Competitors register for the Event. It also provides the means for Organisers to manually edit The Draw, post it onto the front end of Global Entries and send it via email or SMS to Competitors.
The Draw differs for Show Jumping, Dressage & Eventing to meet the needs of each type of Event.
The Draw can be accessed by selecting Manage Draw.
The series of buttons at the top of the screen are overarching controls for all Arenas and Classes in The Draw.
- selecting Publish / Un-publish on Front End adds or removes the link for Competitors to download The Draw.
- selecting Email Users sends an email version of The Draw to every Competitor in your Event. The email will look similar to the following:
- selecting SMS Users send an SMS version of The Draw to every Competitor in your Event (pending available Credit). An example of the text message sent to Competitors is as follows:
“For September Show Jumping, Class 1 you are riding at 1st, Class 2 you are riding at 4th.”
- selecting Allocate Back Numbers adds a number for each Horse to The Draw representing the back number worn at the Event. This is applicable to Eventing only.
The Draw is broken down under Arena and then each Class that takes place in that Arena.
A - Arena name
B - Class name, height & date
C - Rounds - including Rider & Horse
The Rounds can be reordered by drag and drop.
Each Class has the following options available to it:
- selecting Judges Score Sheet automatically generates & downloads the Scoring Sheet for that Class in PDF format
- selecting Draw downloads The Draw for that Class in spreadsheet format. This can be manipulated in Microsoft Excel or a similar program.
- selecting SMS Users sends a text message automatically to all of the Competitors in that Class
- selecting Publish on front end places a link where Competitors can download The Draw. This can only be done after Entries Close. The Draw can be downloaded from the Club’s page:
and from the Event Calendar:
The Dressage Draw is very similar to to The Draw for Show Jumping except that it allocates times against each Test.
A start time for each day is set and the Tests will be scheduled in increments based on the Test Duration time set for each Class (see Chapter 7 - Setting up Classes for further information).
The system automatically highlights in yellow Riders who are competing in multiple Tests within 40 minutes (potentially not giving them an adequate break between Tests). Conversely, Riders highlighted in dark blue have been scheduled with at least 3 hours between Tests.
- Selecting Split Class for a particular Test will break the Class before that Test. The length of break can be specified as shown above.
- Selecting Insert a Break for a particular Test opens the following popup:
1. Enter the Break Duration